Sunday, February 13, 2005



A Valentine's Day Memory:

I'm a romanic at heart. In fifth grade, instead of buying Valentine's Day class cards I sat down and wrote personal letters to each girl in the class. Each letter was different and written just for her. I told every girl read what I thought was special about her, what I found my attractive about them, and how they made me feel. All the letters were handwritten in my best penmanship.

Most went something like this:

Brenda,

I think you are wonderful. I love the way you laugh and make me laugh. You have the cutest nose I've ever seen and I've wanted to tell you that seen you in first grade. I'm glad you are my friend.

Love
Ken



They all went nuts! The girls read them to each other and giggled. Sure they went on and dated all the football players in high school, but I won their hearts in fifth grade. I wonder if any of those letters still exist.

No comments: