Sunday, April 08, 2007


Breaking the Law
I've been driving the Tardis between Iowa City and Muscatine for over 18 years now. I got a couple of routes I stick with depending on what I need speed or scenery. I'm driving home and decide to take the road not taken, because the river is up and I like see the spring flooding.

Hwy 6 run through Atalissa, IA. A town of 200 people and 2 grumps. It even says so on their welcome sign. I'm driving 56mph through town and miss the 45mph sign, since I'm following a black pickup doing 60. The guy in the pickup taps the brakes, red tail lights flash and notice 2 police cruisers. The Muscatine County Sheriff and the Iowa State Trooper are having cop sex by the Atalissa Corn Bin. The trooper goes for the pickup and I get the Sheriff.

After having a nice chat with the Sheriff, about my insurance, driver's lience , and registration, I get off with a warning. The fine is $95. Ouch, but I get a warning instead. The Sheriff looks disappointed. I guess the computer came back clean.

No comments: