Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My latest obession.

I've been look for some more Anime to watch and possibly pickup something new for the MORGA group at the college. When a complete series, Gunslinger Girl catches my eye. Normally, I don't buy Anime DVDs because each disc only has 1-4 episodes at a $20 price. That's about 80 to 90 minutes of content. If you are lucky you get some decent extra content. Also most Anime strikes me as juvnille. This set was 325 minutes for $30, 13 episodes on 3 discs, all of season 1.

OMG. This stuff is great. Go out and buy it now, while BEST BUY still has it on the shelf. It's like Dirty Harry meets the Bionic Woman meets Ghost in the Shell and it's set in Italy. I've gone through the whole set in 2 sitting. Each girl has their own story to tell and they are not boy-crazed idiots either.

The next day I go to Waldenbooks, Barnes and Noble, Prairie Lights and Daydreams to find the Manga the series is based on. I find issues all except volume 2. The books are great too! And Surprise, Surprise... The first season DVDs just cover the first volume! I can look forward to see more of this great stuff!

I may have to start a pull list at Daydreams.

No comments: