Friday, May 30, 2008

It seems Hillary Clinton is taking the "Salt the Earth" approach. Before I get started this is not a women bashing post, nor is it anything anti-feminist at all. I know criticizing Clinton at this point seems anti-women especially when coming from a black male, but hear me out first.

This is not about Obama, McCain, Bill, the Country, women, men, black, white or whatever. This is about just one person: Hillary Clinton. In 2004, I posted a blog entry explaining how and why people should Vote for Bush. I stand vindicated. I predicted the Republican would have no strong candidates and 2008 was Hillary Clinton's chance.

I'm sure Clinton knew this in 2004 (if not earlier). In 2007, the Democrats realized they could run a rotten head of cabbage and win. I'm sure that information was not lost on Senator Clinton. She is as sharp as they come. I'm also sure she was completely blindside by the phenomenon that is Obama. I'm sure no one in the Democratic Hierarchy saw what would happen when Obama spoke in the convention.

Sen Clinton plan and ran as if she would face no significant opposition. That's why no thougt about the Convention or Primary rules. Hillary was planing for fighting the 2000 and 2004 elections all over again. That's why she only started with a 120 million dollar warchest and it would have work if she won by February. Sen. Clinton is in a trap of her own making. She is losing and she Doesn't like it.

Call it what ever you want: Bad elections, anti-women, anti-black, anti-white..whatever. Here is the point. Hillary would be doing this no matter who was ahead of her: Edward, Gore, Kennedy, even Kucinich. She know if she can just get the nomination the election is hers. She has vowed to "fight" now.

She is losing, and she knows it.

Her only ploy left: salt the earth. "If I can't rule it then no one can". My prediction she is going to take this to not to the convention, not to the election, but to 2012. If Obama win the nomination then she will fight to the convection. IF she loses there, then she will undermine the campaign up to the election. Sen. Clinton might even try an indenpedent run. (If McCain's health takes and unexpected turn and his poll numbers drop, I could see that. She could win in a three way race by getting enough women, Latinos, and Anti-blacks to vote.) The only ways she wins is if Obama loses, so she can make a run at 2012. She has no interest in the country, the people or the party. Her eyes have always been on that desk in the Oval Office. It's all about her.

I hope I'm wrong, and she can really see the people she keeps talking about. But.... I've learn never bet against Human greed and ego. The Democratic convention will be a Bloodbath. If McCain wins in November there will be chaos in the Senate and the House. Heads will roll in the DNC.

No comments: