Sunday, March 03, 2013


Of the Four Elements: Earth, Fire, Air and Water. I have an affinity for water. I dream about it. I swim in it. I drink it. And I respect it. Water is primal. Water always watches, wait, and find any weakness. That's why of all the home improvement projects or repair anything dealing with water I hate. On Thursday morning I notice a leak coming from under the bathtub faucet. Every drop you see there is another 10 going who knows where. I pull the faucet (unscrew) and find the fitting cracked. I hate doing plumbing work. What should be a 30 minute fix takes all day. I hate the fact that most of the parts these days are nylon, PVC, or made in China. None of the parts quite fit. I blame the conversion between metric and English unit. The rest of the world uses the metric system but in the US we still use a system the English abandon. Go figure!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You should totally have started your conversion to PEX! You need a few tools, but the ease it worth it. I hear, anyway. When we're further along in the "finishing the basement" project, that's what we're going with.