Sunday, December 29, 2013

When Did That Go Out Of Fashion?

So the High Priestess and I are doing some end of the year cleaning: Recycling old magazine, getting things together to donate, and going through the closets. 

The High Preistess is pulling out item she hasn't worn in years: sweaters, blouses, pants, dresses and skirts.  I love skirts and dresses on women, but then she tells me that current fashion is bare shaved legs without stockings or nylons.  WTF.  THP works in an office, when did stocking go out of fashion?!?  Even in winter?  This just seems to me another moving target of fashion that women can not hope to match.  Unless you are young and have the legs of a dancer, and happen only to be in the perfect skin population, please cover your gams up. 

Doesn't seem fair does it?  Women have been wearing stocking for centuries, and now they are no longer in fashion?  Maybe it's just an Iowa City thing  or it could be a self image thing.  I notice several women I've worked with get quite upset when the new crop of younger students show up each semester.  Really!?!  Why even bother comparing yourself to them?  Find what works for you and stick with it.  I have notice women are harder on themselves and each other than any sane man. 

At my current age, I'm just happy to be in any room with women wearing whatever:  stocking or no stocking, tanned, pale like cream or black as the darkest night, shaved or unshaved.  Just give me confident women any day of the week. That's sexy.  I'm sure most men would I agree when me.

No comments: