Sunday, February 27, 2005

I'm a bit of a technophile. If it is new and I can afford it I've got it. Last Friday, when I wasn't eating cookies, I finally save enough for a new iPod (60 GB iPod Photo). This replaces the RCA Lyra I had brought for my last birthday. The RCA Lyra sucks. This unit failed after 6 months. When I sent it back for repair under the warranty, RCA said they couldn't fix it and need to replace the unit with a newer but smaller capacity unit. (20 GB instead of the 40 GB model I had). They don't even know what was wrong with it. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm betting some yahoo at RCA said, “We need a iPod clone that's cheap and we can sell in the mp3 market. Let go find the first piece of shit under a rock and put own logo on it.” After buying the Lyra and ripping my entire CD collection (over 350 CDs of albums, collections, soundtracks and anthologies) to my computer, updating unit's software, and storing everything on the unit (over 30 GB), the unit fails. I should have gotten the iPod a year ago. Anyway, I got this new iPod, and all my files need to be converted from WMA files to ACC (mp4) files. My computer converts about 120 songs per hour, about 8-14 CDs. I figure I'll be done in about 3 days of around the clock conversion.

No comments: