Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ok this is going to turn into a relationship rant, but some back ground where it comes from first.

I've been reading Bitten: Book I, Women of the Otherworld by Kelly Armstrong. This book is to keep me occupied until Laurell Hamilton comes out with "A stroke of Midnight" on April 12, 2005 and Chalaine Harris comes out with "Dead as a Doornail" on May 3, 2005.

The main character is a woman name Elena, she is a werewolf, and the only female werewolf in the world. I haven't finish the book yet and I have about 50 pages to go. Elena has to choose between to guys, Philip (The Nice Guy)and Clay (The Asshole and the one who turned Elena into a werewolf by biting her.) I don't even want to finish the book because I know Elena will choose Clay. She'll pick the asshole, bad boy whom she always fights will and humps like nobody's business. Although I think her next book would be more interesting in a literary sense if she did marry the Nice Guy Philip. It won't happen. I finish this book tonight and tell you what happens.

Now for the Rant. Why do women pick the bad apple in the bushel to take home and hook up with them? I'm willing to bet that most women pick the "Bad Boy" out of all there possible suitors. Phased another way: Ladies you are with the man who least deserves you! I even include myself in that category because my wife was dating a cream puff before we met. I don't get my data from just books and fictional stories either. I have students in between the ages of 18-45 all making the same poor choices. I current have 5 students who are PG (not in a movie) and NOT MARRIED and May not even stay with their boyfriends. ARRRRRGGGGGGGG... The world is spinning down the drain and I'm even not that much of a prude.

I will say this. I work in a county that has the highest unwed mother rate, the highest teenage pregnancies rate, and the highest meth rate in the State! On a good note the Meth title may be moving to the next county. On a bad note for those of you in the state you may have heard about the shootout in town. A black guy shoots his wife and her Hispanic lover then hides in an grade school. WTF! There are only 3 of us in the state and one of us has to pull crap like that. Go figure.

No comments: