Monday, July 02, 2007


Amanda Has a Gremlin

Tuesday night I get Amanda back. (Did you miss me? Daddy missed you. :*) I’m happy as a clam. Time to kill some EU scum in Battlefield 2142, or maybe the Hordie Ocrs in World of Warcraft need a few Shadow Bolt rammed up their butts.

Amanda fires with her new 850-watt power supply and new motherboard. Sixty second later I’m killing orcs, at 30 minutes – POW! WoW crashes to the desktop! Ok I can handle this. Reboot, Reload, Pray to Alex Turning and 10 minutes later repeat. Finally, I get this.



Black Screen. Flashing Cursor. Mysterious Blue block.

Then after a Reboot this.


WTF!!!!

Now, back to the computer shop. Twenty-four hours later the diagnostics say I got bad RAM. Amanda has Mad COW disease. She gets two new sticks of RAM. She comes back on Thursday and we play B2142 and WoW. Now she just freezes. Amanda has a dear in the headlights look now. Now the programs crash and not Amanda. :P

After doing some web research, there is a remote chance that the Creative Sound blaster is making the system unstable. All my extra cash is going to Amanda’s care and feeding. So much for the XBOX360 I was saving for.

No comments: