Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Have a question? What makes someone gay?

I ask because it seem in Senator Craig's case, that his bathroom habits are landing him on the Gay side of life. It does seem to matter that he has a wife and kids. I only ask because doesn't that make him not Gay but Bisexual?

The American public seems to have a problem with the spaces in between. You are either gay or straight, black or white, up or down. Basically, what seems to be shoved down our collective throat is more than one time with a same sex partner and you are gay period. It doesn't matter if you been with the other sex. I think this is more true for men than women. Men have to be Gay or Straight. If they are married or have a girlfriend...well they are just in denial. Women seems to be allowed the option of being bisexual. Maybe that's because in a male dominated society Males just can't stand the thought of attractive women saying "no" to them for the love of another women.

Just a thought...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Actually, I think it's biological. They've done studies to measure the "gayness" of men vs. women. Women, no matter how they identified, were more likely to be somewhere in the gray part, and men were more likely to be either/or. There were exceptions, of course.

I can't for the life of me remember where I read this, but I want to say Discover.

Technomage said...

That was sort of my point. Even the Gay groups in Idaho are calling him just gay, without the possibility that the Senator might be somewhere in between.