Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blacks Don't Buy Books Part II

I've been so busy I haven't had time to fart. However I still have time to buy books and read a few chapters here and there. I haven't finish any of the following except for the Postsecret book. It's just seems to me the publishing companies have started rolling out books worth reading in the past two months. So I'm stocking up for the winter. There are some books on the "to buy" list, but every time I hit the bookstore a few more books hop in the shopping bag. I wish I could live forever so I could read all I wanted. It just amazes me that some people just buy book for home decoration!

Book #18 - Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) by Jim Butcher

This is the first book in the Dresden series. This is the set of books the Dresden Files TV show on the SciFi channel were based. That program was channel after the first season, because some idiot at SciFi programming schedule the show in the Sunday night dead zone time slot. I'm Looking forward to reading this book

Book #19 - Schulz and Peanuts: A Biography by David Michaelis

I've always been a big fan of Peanuts and Charles Schulz. I have over 20 of his books, collecting his book from when I was a child. For a time I want to be a cartoonist, but Mr. Spock got to me first. I've been reading the first few chapters and I now see all my cartoons book in a whole new light.

Book #20 - Cauldron by Jack McDevitt

Jack McDevitt was at ICON (A local Science Fiction Convention)and after catalogueing all my book on Librarything I realize I have several signed books. Now I 'm on a quest to collect as many signed books I can from authors I meet. This book a got at the convention looked interesting


Book #21 - Godslayer / Shadow Climber / Dragonrank Master (The Bifrost Guardians) by Mickey Zucker Reichert

Ms. Reichert is a local author who lives in Lone Tree. I meet her at the ICON convention as well and got her to sign a book for me. I have her first book in my libray, but never got around to reading it when it first came out. Now my chance to read the whole trilogy and have a signed copy to book.

Book #22 - Ellora's Cavemen: Dreams of the Oasis Volume 3 by Tielle St. Clare

This is a collection of erotic romance stories. One of the authors, Mary Winter, is from Iowa and is a friend of a friend. I meet her at ICON also. She was on a panel discussion about writing erotic fiction. (You can read my stuff sometime but you will have to go to the paysite for that. :) ) I got her to sign a this copy.

Book #23 - A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book by Frank Warren

This is book four from the creator of Postsecret. Frank Warren's art project has become quite and industry for him. Between the books, websites and lecture tours, I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Book #24 - A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, Book 6) by Laurell K. Hamilton

This book is shortest hardcover I've seen from Ms. Hamilton. More like a novella I'm worried that Ms. Hamilton has finally run her course. I scared to read this book.

Book #25 - The Orc King (Forgotten Realms: Transitions, Book 1) by R.A. Salvatore

Hot Dang! A new Drizzt Book! It seems like the Forgotten Reams is under going a shift. Orcs as the good guys?

Book #26 - Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Homeand Bolt the Door by Lynne Truss

I've got Lynne Truss' first book "Eat Shoot and Leaves". This one was on sale for five dollars and it jumped into my cart.

Book #27 - So Sad to Fall in Battle: An Account of War Based on General Tadamichi Kuribayas ... by Kumiko Kakehashi

Another book that jumped into my cart.

Book #28 - Halo 3: The Official Strategy Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Piggyback


I bought HALO 3 for Morga last month. New Game - New Hintbook

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

After playing Zelda all day my hands are too tired to do much more than read. I finishes Strom front last week and am almost done with Fool Moon. I hope the show is starting back up soon.

Technomage said...

The Show got it's plug pulled. the SCiFi channel has put it on hiatus indefinetly. Rumor has it that the time slot was bad, no viewers, and was too expensive.

Amanda said...

Ms. Hamilton has gotten to a new level of disturbing (implied, fortunately), but the latest offering had quite a bit of plot and I rather enjoyed it.

Technomage said...

Hmmm Maybe I should take time to read this book over Thanksgiving...