Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why? I always ask myself that question. I understand Mr. Sueppel must have been in a very dark place. I know I could not do 30 years in prison< but I would never take my wife and kids with me. If things get so bad, there are always other options. You just have to try and see them.

Let me make a case for just leaving. Yes, it is abandonment, but your family still lives and they will recover. Go to the bank, close your accounts, fill the car with gas and just go. If you left at Midnight in six hours you can be in Chicago, St. Louis , St. Paul, Kansas City or the middle of nowhere. Hop a flight and you can be near in a border state. Then just walk across and disappear, or rent a boat and drive out to sea.

Never take it out on your kids. Please get some help if you ever think this is an option.


On another note... I hear the Westboro Baptist Church is planning on making an appearance at the Sueppel Family funeral. According to the WBC this tragedy is God's punishment For Iowa's sins. Lord, I truly want to beat theses people with sticks. This is the same group that demonstrate at the funeral of US Soldiers killed in Iraq. I would like to see the WBC try this in Darfur.

No comments: