Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm so totally Sony's Bitch. I've been waiting and saving my pennies for a new digital camera to go on sell at Best Buy. I've been looking at a camera from Sony for a long time. I needed something to replace my old Sony MVC-FD200. It's a nice camera for taking still shot for the Web, but I wanted something with high zoom and action shot. I shopped around, compared prices and features. I found the camera I wanted and waited for it to go on sell. The Camera goes on sell at Best Buy about 2 months ago. Great! I race to the store with my coupons and gift cards in hand and get smack in the face. Best buy no longer carries that model and has been out of stock of that camera for a couple of months. Sony stopped making them. Best Buy just runs the sales ad because they want to make sure they deplete the back stock in all the store, before the new models come out. The Saleskid say, our store hasn't had that model for 6 months. WTF! I've been playing with the store demo camera for weeks, so I have a real hardon for this camera. The guy then tells me Sony has a better model coming out in May: DSC-H50/B It's $30 cheaper, has less internal memory but it has 9 megapixels. So I wait.

I glad I did. OMFG! This camera is so cool. Not only does it do face detection, it looks for smiles! It actually waits for the subject to smile before taking the picture! Can you believe that?

It also support HiDef 1080 output and shoot photos in 16 by 9 widescreen format. This bunny was in my front yard and I'm 20 feet away. On my TV I swear your can almost reach out and touch the fur. Is that a tick in the bunny's ear?


I picked up an 8 GB memory card as well for $50. The card will hold over 2000 pictures of this quality. I hear Sony's next model is just going to hover just off your shoulder and record your life in real time.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The exact same thing happened to me when I was last shopping for a cell phone. Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of the one I wanted. Glad it worked out for you.