Monday, May 19, 2008

Once again my industry in a lump sum. I've been looking for a desk for my home office for some time. Most desk these day under $200 are computer desk and not really made for writing or study. The Modern computer desk has no place to file papers, put away pencil or pens, and no storage space for stamps or calculator. I want drawers DANGIT! I been haunting UI Surplus for an old student desk, but with no luck.

I'm off for the summer and I'm driving to pick up the High Priestess for lunch, when I see this desk. BANG! this is just what I'm looking for the classic bureaucrat's desk from the early 20th Century. I wanted a wood desk I could refinish and this was perfect. I hate metal desk. They seems too institutional to me.

I spent last weekend sanding and prepping. On Sunday I started staining. Now I'm just letting the coats of stain to dry, so I start the process of putting on a clear coat of polyeuthane. Which leads me back here. Time to update the blog in between drying, sanding and applying new coats. I post pictures of the final product after I'm done.