Saturday, September 12, 2009

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SEVRE CHEESECAKE WARM?

The High Priestess and I, are coming back from a play at Old Creamery Threater. It's a cool summer night and I think a little coffee and dessert would be please. We stop by the Okaboji Grill. Normally I don't do reviews on chain restaurants, but I will complain.

I order the cheesecake and coffee. I know most dessert are made someplace else, mostly by little gnomes. The dessert are frozen then shipped all over creation. I would expect some dessert should be left in a cooler to thaw. I would guess a store should be able to go through at least one cake a day. At five bucks a pop, selling even three pieces pays for the cake and the cost to ship it.

I get my cheesecake and it's warm, not room temperature but warm, hot even. The top of the cake is cool but the bottom is warm even to flow like melted wax. WTF! I ask the waitress, she finally admit she put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. She quickly explains that she does that with everything. It's standard policy. Whoever runs this place is a moron and probably has never had cheesecake in their life.

Cheesecake should be served at room temperature. Period. Even fresh from the oven it should be allowed to cool before being served. Chilled cheesecake is an OK second. End of story.

No comments: