Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I've been pining for an Amiga 3000 for years.  When they first came out I wanted one!  Two Megs of Ram, 25 Mhz 68030 proccessor, Hires color graphics I was in Heaven.  In 1990, the Amiga 3000 had a $4000 price tag and only ran a limited amount of software, but I didn't care.

Time jump to 2010, The College I work at is throwing their Amiga 3000 away.  Yippie!  I've been waiting for this for years.  The college's video production studio finally upgraded to a Macintosh, so  I get this computer before it goes to the trash heap. 

Computer are the only thing that goes to pennies in 20 years.  So much, a computer is the only piece of equipment that falls off the inventory roll faster than toilet paper, because the value practilly disappears overnight.   A 20 year old car is a classic.  A 20 year old computer is a doorstop.  Unless you are a geek like me and you think old computer are like living museum pieces. 

The fun parts is I can tinker with it.   Just like my neighbor who spends his hours working in his garage on his classic corvette.  I need to start comb EBay for spare parts.  :)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Why need best registry cleaner? Registry is the heart of computer. The longer use of computers, the more software installed, registry garbage inside the computer will be more, which makes the computer crash or slower and slower. Clean up your registry using the best registry cleaner
software is necessary.
I want to talk about it on my blog, if you are intrested in it, following me!