Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Prius is TOO Quiet

I once called a pervious car I owned a Deathmobile.  I have now changed my mind. Over the past 2 years I've killed more animals with my Prius than any other car I own.  All that death and still getting 55 mpg!.  The Problem is my Prius is TOO quiet.  Have you ever tried to sneak up on a squirrel or a chipmunk?  Have you ever tried the same trick in your car?  It happens to me all the time, not just parking either.  This is at speed doing 60 miles per hour down a country road! (aside: Unlike Al Gore III who seems to get 100 mph out of his Prius.  It's got to be the drugs.  I highest I've gotten my Prius is 90 mph.  That's when the High priestess tell me to slow the Fuck down! Actually she just tells me her side of the car is going to fast.)

I get road noise in the car:  the sound of the tires on the road, wind sounds, and internal engine noise. I do wish the prius had better sound insulation for those road noises.  However from the outside my car must be close to silent, or at least much quieter that the typical car.  The animals are not use that I guess.  I've had squirrels give me a look when I pull up, "OH, I didn't see you there!"  If am at speed it is: "HOLY CRAP! Where did that big blue monster come from!!!!"  SPLAT!!"

It's only a matter of time before I hit a couple of people.  I pulled into the bank the other day and old guy in a pickup said, "Hey Buddy! Are you gonna put a muffle on that thing it's so damn noisy?!?"  We both had a good laugh.  He commented he was sitting there waiting for his wife and just looked over and there I was.  I get the same comments from other people, parents and kids when picking up Technowitch from the local high school.

Looks like I'll be doing all my drive by shooting in my Black Prius with the tinted windows from now on.

No comments: