Sunday, September 18, 2005




FUCK YOU OPEC!

I filled up my tank the Monday after Katrina when gas was $2.68. I got 48 mpg commuting to work. I missed the price spike over the next week of $3.35. I filled up last week when the price went back down to $2.99. God I Love this CAR!

I don't understand how people can only get 36-40 mpg from this car. Worst case for me was 37 mpg when I drove from Sioux Falls, SD bucking a head wind at 90 MPH!(Yeah, I was speeding, but I really wanted to get home.) On I-80 at 75 mpg I get 42-44 Mpg. Let's hear it for Iowa raising the speed limit to 70 mph! I commute on back roads in between 60-65 mph, which is still technically speeding, but the state troopers cut you some slack as long as you are under 65 mph. At that speed 48-51 MPG is my range.

Alot of people tell me, "You'll never get over money back from the price difference of the regular civic." I didn't buy it to save the cost difference in gas. I bought it , because now I don't have to fill up every 3-4 days. Beside, people spend alot more on stupid stuff for their car. For an extra $650 (or More) you can have the little "H" on the hood of your Honda gold plated. So the deer you hit will have a high quality impression where you hit it. I know for a fact you can drop five grand on bells and whistles for your pickup truck.

Take This!


No comments: