Friday, January 20, 2006

I’ve reached a tipping point. At my wife birthday dinner I told her, “I’ve know you longer, than I have not know you. It’s been twenty years since I met you.” I remember like it was yesterday. I remember my son’s first cries breathing air for the first time. It sounded like a buzzing bee, a high-pitched whine of a toy motor. I remember the smell of the hospital. The time just goes too damn fast.

I am hoping you all have your tipping point. I hopping I get well past the point in time that I’ve know my wife, sons and daughter twice as long a I haven’t know them. It will be my 99th birthday, when I reach that point with my daughter. The clock is always ticking.

What am I saying? Don’t waste the time. It goes too fast. Hold that hand. Buy flowers for women you hardly know. Talk to that guy in the elevator. Go to Tahiti.

No comments: