Monday, April 03, 2006

When is a white sapphire not a white sapphire? When it's Cubic Zirconium!

Last Valentine’s Day I purchase a lovely ring, necklaces and earrings for the High Priestess. She loved it, and showered many kisses upon me. I was safe from the doghouse for at least three months.

Last Saturday, I received a large package in the mail from Helzberg Diamond. In the box there was a large teddy bear wearing a cute sweater with the words “I’m Loved” knitted on the front. “I’m Loved” is Helzberg’s catch phase. Along with the teddy bear was a letter. To make a long story short the letter said: Oops! Someone pulled a fast one on our buyer. The great pink and white sapphire set you bought was really cubic zirconium, and we just caught the mistake now. You can bring it back and suffer the humiliation of telling your spouse, or you can keep it and we’ll all have a good laugh. Either way, please accepted this cute stuffed bear, which was probably made in the same place as the fake stones you got.

No comments: