Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Life by the Numbers: A gallon of blood

Heart Rate: 76 beats per minutes
BP: 126/86
Temp: 37.2 C
Red Blood cells: 46% by Volume
Wt: 269 lb

Three weeks of vacation and my number go to shit. That’s what I get for stuffing myself. The only good news is my blood is extra thick and chunky at 46% red blood cells. Next week at TKD I will defeat my opponent by sitting on them and then rolling my huge bulk on them until I squeeze a whimper from them. I’ll be all hot and sweaty too. Try to wash that image out of your mind!

Anyway…

The blood technician has told me that my last donation put me at the one-gallon mark. That’s 128 oz. of blood out in the world doing good. Of course by this time most of that blood has been used or destroy by someone’s liver. It would be nice to know where some of it goes.

No comments: