Wednesday, August 01, 2007


A young lady friend of mine called me yesterday with happy news. She has become in engaged. Wonderful. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I alway this way when a woman I know tells me she is getting married.

I'm happy because someone other than myself has realized how wonderful this woman is and how much joy she will bring to his life. I'm happy because all the long chats we have about what guys are looking for, what an idiot boyfriend x was, and why can't I find anyone are gone and in the past. I happy because everyone needs someone to love. It doesn't matter what form or gender it takes. With how lonely and cold the world can be, just be happy you can find someone to hold on to.

I'm sad, because all those short fat middle-age male fantasy now have to go out the window. Dang if I was twenty years younger, one hundred pounds lighter, six inches taller, and had buckets of cash, We go out and paint the town red. I'd make sure she had a good time. As it is now I just sit on my park bench. You better treat her right or we hunt you down like the dog you are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ken,

You're using the same color scheme Jeff used on his blog, so I freaked out a little bit when I saw it.

Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't anywhere near the bridge when it collapsed. Jeff works kinda close to it, but doesn't need to drive over it, so he's okay, too.

What a world...

Technomage said...

WHAT BRIDGE COLLAPSE!
Email me You Number let's talk