Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last become hooked on this salad from the HyVee Deli. Last year it was the brocolli salad. Now, it's this tomato salad that does have a name. I was tried of buying it for $4 a pound, so I thought I'd tried it at home. It's even better when you do it yourself. It also gives me ideas for my garden next year. This makes a nice side for a steak dinner (ribeye with mushrooms, of course) in stead of the baked potatoe.

Tomato Italian Salad

4-8 Medium size tomatoes
4 oz. Feta Cheese (1 package)
1 Medium to small Red Onion
4 oz. Slice Black olives (1 can)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing

Slice the tomatoes in bite size slices. Dice the onion. Throw everything into a bowl. Add the salad dressing. Stir. I'm fast and loose with the amounts here, so you can play with your own combinations. You can eat it right away, but I prefer to let in sit in the frig for awhile. This lets the flavors blended, and I swear it's better the day after. If it's too strong leave the onions out and use less salad dressing. I usually put a touch of salt on each serving but none in the recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is more like a Greece salad, only missing cucumber try that :)

Ángeles said...

YAY iowa !!! What a game lol I was thinking about you ...like you was playing or something :)