Tuesday, July 16, 2013

So a week has gone by since I've checked out the effect of my kitchen floor breaking my fall. ( See previous post.) In the mail I finally recieve a bill: $4,399.50!  OMFG!  I tell the High Priestess she should let me die next instead of dialing 911.  Seriously, just elevate my legs, keep me from swallowing my tongue, and force me to drink 2 bottle of water and I'll pay you $100.   I could buy a fully loaded Mac Book Air 13" with all the bells and whistles for $1849!  The Emergency Room alone was $2,559.15!  Who gets that fifteen cents at the end of the bill anyway?  Is that Tax?  Or has the medical community found that people do not believe their numbers when they end in whole dollar amount.

Granted, I have health insurance.  The same day the bill came I received a letter from Blue Cross asking if this was work related or not.  Something has to be up if two Mega corps can contact me on the same day.  It will be just a matter of time to see what I really have to pay.  My deductible is already cover since have my blow hole in the back of my neck sealed.  That was early this year when I spend the month of January pretending to be a Blue Whale.

It might get to the point where people just work a job just for the health care benefits.

No comments: